Slim-down September 2014

Kids are back in school, and soon I will be too—I’m looking forward to getting back into our routines, especially when it comes to working out. I’ll be honest – I didn’t work out as much as I should have this Summer . That’s why I need YOU!! I’m kicking off a NEW 30-day Challenge Group on Tue., Sept. 2. Join the group so we can hold each other accountable!  Dust off that old Insanity, P90X, whatever you have, & let’s do this! I don’t care what workout program you are doing, let’s support & motivate one another. In this closed Facebook group, you’ll be given daily motivation, support, recipe & food ideas, & workout tips.  I can’t wait to see your ‘after’ pics!! 

What is Shakeology?

Shakeology is Beachbody’s nutrient dense shake that contains 17g of protein and over 70 vitamins and minerals.  It is a nutritional protein shake that provides a wide spectrum of healthy nutrients in a low-calorie formula.  Whether you use it as a meal replacement for weight loss or simply to ensure your body gets all the nutrients it needs for optimal health, Shakeology takes the guesswork out of nutrition. There is no way you can simply call this a “protein shake”, it is so much more.  It’s like taking a multi-vitamin daily, full of over 70 super foods that Beachbody has combed the Globe searching for and put all of it in one great tasting meal replacement shake.  It has even helped people battling autoimmune diseases, celiac, diabetes, the list goes on.  Eventhough Shakeology is not “certified” Gluten Free (because it is manufactured in a plant that makes items containing Gluten), it has been safely consumed by clients that are either gluten sensitive or have celiac.


It is sweetened with Stevia, NOT sugar like so many other protein shakes.  The exception is the Vegan Chocolate flavor – that is sweetened with agave nectar.  Shakeology also does not contain any nasty fillers like so many other store bought meal replacement shakes have, such as Caseinate, silicon, soy, malodextrin, sucralose – these ingredients just scream chemicals and SUGAR!!  Do your research – this is something that you will be putting into your body DAILY.


What’s In It?

Protein from whey, which is highly absorbable, gives you 8 essential amino acids that help you build muscle, lose weight, support brain function, and keep your skin and bones healthy.
     ** Vegan Formula protein source is from peas, brown rice and quinoa
Vitamins and minerals support optimum health.
Antioxidants boost the immune system and help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, blood pressure, and stroke.
Phytonutrients support immune function and have anit-inflammatory properties.
Prebiotics support digestive and immune health.

Digestive enzymes help in the digestion of foods and increase the absorption rate of those foods for optimum health.


For more information, check out this 3 min video:



About Me

Having Fun At Grandma's!

Having Fun At Grandma’s!

Hi!  Thanks for checking out my blog.  I’m Heidi, a 35 yr old mother & wife of my husband for 16 years now.  My two adorable children are Jack, 5 yrs, & Lily, 3 yrs.  I currently live in Plainfield, IL, a Western suburb of Chicago.  I enjoy cooking & baking, & especially like trying new recipes.  I try to follow the “80/20″ rule & make 80%  (probably more than that even) clean eating, & the other 20%, well, I’m human!!

Last Fall of 2013 I caught myself in a downward spiral of bad eating habits coupled with not exercising.  I was sick of feeling sick, so I started to make small changes.  I got my thyroid medicine back on track, & then in January 2014 began working out with the program:  ChaLEAN Extreme (CLX) by one of my favorite people, Chalene Johnson.  After completing 1 round of CLX, in March I moved on to one of my FAVORITE programs, 21-Day Fix, another Beachbody program.  In 3 short weeks I dropped 10 lbs & 9 inches, & finally was beginning to feel “happy & healthy” again!  In April I decided to begin paying it forward by signing on to be a Beachbody Coach.  I wanted to help “End the Trend” of obesity in this world & let people know they are not alone & there is help out there.  Beachbody is an amazing company.

I absolutely LOVE being a Coach.  On top of being a Wife, Mom & Beachbody Coach, I’ve also decided to go back to College last Fall to be a Registered Nurse (RN).  I’m 1 year in & I should be in the Nursing program the Fall of 2015.

I’m originally from Appleton, Wisconsin, & my husband from Oshkosh, Wisconsin.  My husband also has his private pilot’s license & so we enjoy taking the occasional family trips with him flying us in his 1947 Cessna 195.

Take a look around my blog & leave me a comment.

~Heidi  XOXO

My Cutie Kids!

My Cutie Kids!

My Hottie Husband And Our Son!

My Hottie Husband And Our Son!

Me and My Girly Girl!

Me and My Girly Girl!